We last updated this policy on June 6, 2018.
Our terms can be found at https://launchpass.com/terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, EXIT THIS PAGE AND DO NOT ACCESS OR USE SlackPass Inc. or LaunchPass.
1.0 Information We Collect
When you interact with LaunchPass, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as described below:
- Information You Give Us. We collect your email address, username, password as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
- Information We Get From Others. We may also get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information to our Site.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
The Personal Information that you provide can be accessed at any time through your account or you can contact our customer support at LaunchPass, if you need help accessing your account.
1.1 Aggregated Personal Data
In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the LaunchPass, LaunchPass often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We will keep any information that you provide to us until such time as you delete your account with LaunchPass.
1.2 Changing and Deletion of Personal Information
LaunchPass believes that you should have the ability to access and edit the Personal Information you provide us. You may change any of your Personal Information by logging into your account or by contacting our friendly support staff at [email protected].
Please indicate your name, email address, and what information you would like to update when you contact us. We encourage you to promptly update your Personal Information, if it changes.
You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed. You can also unsubscribe automatically by following the online direction on the website, or marketing emails.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
2.0 Third-Party Service Integration
LaunchPass allows you to integrate and create commands for various online “Third-Party Services” (Slack, Stripe, Zapier, etc.). In order to take advantage of this feature, you may need to authenticate, register for or log into Third-Party Services on the websites of their respective providers. When you enable linking between or log in to Third-Party Services through the Site, we will collect relevant information necessary to enable the Site to access that Third-Party Service and your data and content contained within that Third-Party Service (“Login Credentials”). We store your Login Credentials long enough to enable linking to the Third-Party Service.
Please remember that the manner in which Third-Party Services use, store and disclose your information is governed by the policies of such Third-Party Services, and LaunchPass shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any Third-Party Services that may be enabled within the Service.
2.1 Payment Processor
3.0 Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information
3.1 Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- to provide and deliver products and services that customers request.
3.2 Sharing of Personal Information
LaunchPass is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you.
There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you. We may share your Personal Data for the following reasons:
- We may share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event. Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets. In cases of onward transfer of personal information to third parties of data of EU and Swiss individuals received pursuant to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, LaunchPass remains liable.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of LaunchPass, our agents, customers, and others. (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- We may also share aggregated data with others for their own uses.
3.3 Privacy Shield Framework
LaunchPass complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, LaunchPass commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact LaunchPass at: [email protected].
LaunchPass has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to PrivacyTrust, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United Kingdom. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact Communications House, 26 York Street, London, W1U 6PZ for more information or to file a complaint. The services of Communications House are provided at no cost to you.
Finally, as a last resort and in limited situations, EU and Swiss individuals may seek redress from the Privacy Shield Panel, a binding arbitration mechanism.
In cases of onward transfer of personal information to third parties of data of EU and Swiss individuals received pursuant to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, LaunchPass remains liable.
4.0 Links to Other Web Sites
5.0 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
On May 25th, 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) went into effect bringing new global data protection rights for individuals in the European Union.
We at LaunchPass unequivocally support the privacy rights of our customers and our Users and have proactively worked toward GDPR compliance by May 25th, 2018.
SlackPass, Inc., a Delaware corporation 2700 Decatur St, Decatur Point #358 Denver CO 80211 Contact email: [email protected]
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use your personal information, as applicable, to perform our contractual obligations.
- Legal Compliance. We may collect and use your information in connection with legal obligations to which we are subject. These legal obligations include, but are not limited to, any and all applicable (i) federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations, (ii) court orders, or (iii) consent decrees.
We may use information that we collect about you, including personal information, to:
- Provide Products and Services. We will use your information to provide our products, our partner’s products, and our services to you; to respond to your inquiries; and for other customer service and support purposes. We use the payment information you provide to us in order to alert you of past, current, and upcoming charges, to allow us to present the purchase history to you, and to perform internal finance processes, such as looking the status of a credit card charge. In the event of a credit card dispute, we also share account information with your bank to verify the legitimacy of a charge.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, our partner’s products, our services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
We may use information to communicate with you.
- Service. We may send you service and administrative emails to ensure the products or services are working properly. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt out of these messages.
- Promotional. Subject to your opt-out preference, we may send you emails about new product features or other news about LaunchPass or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the applicable email or sending us a request at: [email protected].
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- Advertising. Subject to your opt-out preferences, we may develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites.
- Legal Compliance. We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including informal requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Other. We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent. Please read all online agreements carefully before accepting them.
6.0 Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents.
California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by the Act, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the Website and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The Act further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or standard mail to the address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with Affiliated Businesses or Marketing Partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
7.0 Privacy Issues For Children
Minors under the age of 18 may not use the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18, and no part of the Site is designed to attract anyone under the age of 18. LaunchPass does not sell products for purchase by children.
We take security seriously and take numerous precautions to protect the security of Personally Identifiable Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Site, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
Other Terms Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the Terms of Service at https://launchpass.com/terms
All disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of a court of competent jurisdiction located in Boulder, Colorado, and each party irrevocably consents to such personal jurisdiction and waives all objections to this venue.
10.0 Contacting LaunchPass
You may also contact us at our address:
SlackPass Inc. 2700 Decatur St, Decatur Point #358 Denver CO 80211